Friday, February 18, 2011

No fear!

The past few days have been a whirlwind- what with preparing for press releases and the upcoming book launch, getting random phonecalls from various insitutions and getting invited for talks and interviews, delivering books to different places, shooting text messages and emails to and fro, planning for TV appearances and radio interviews, getting the project's website together. All this, in between seeing patients and studying my last few chapters on Paediatrics, ha.

It looks like the next 2 weeks will be punctuated with interviews from the press. And a lot of other unexpected surprises.

With so many things happening, a part of me is afraid of getting caught in the frazzle and afraid of screwing up. Saying the wrong thing! Liasing with the wrong person! Having to deal with miscommunication! Getting told off (again!) Argggh.

I've never done this sort of thing before.



What if I say something silly? What if people misintepret me? What if things turn out wrongly?



Bah. I'm only human. I'm taking my final exams in 2 weeks. (Yea, don't worry, I'm putting off the non-urgent talks and all till after my finals).



I'm just gonna do my best-for both my exams and the project. And pray that people's lives will be touched. And let God do the rest.



I just need a big dose of self-encouragement, and a lot of fruit tea, ha. Somehow, I've faith that God'll see me through these mountains.



Okay God, I'm counting on ya. So here goes my self-encouragement:


No fear! Have faith! NO screw ups!

(and so what if i do, ha!)


Cheers to courage!


"Fear never wrote a symphony or poem,

negotiated a peace treaty,

or cured a disease.

Fear never pulled a family out of poverty or a country out of bigotry.

Fear never saved a marriage or a business.


Courage did that. Faith did that.


People who refused to consult with or cower to their timidity did that.”


- Max Lucado


Prayer requests:


Please pray for me,

for wisdom, clarity and favour;
for Rainbow to touch many lives,
and...

... to pass! :)
(Final exams on 8-27 March.)
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.