Friday, April 4, 2008

A is for Autisum - Julians Necklace & HBO

Abilities Not Disabilities - everyone can use this lesson in creativity and life.

Anyone who reads my Blog, probably knows by now that I am casting for a new "teen" craft show and that my first stop for casting was Etsy. I posted the first casting notice in the forums (I love forums and message boards). I had a great response and met some fun new people. One of the sellers that I met, designbylizzie, has a heart of gold and a 11 year old son named Julian, who has Autism. April is national Autism Awareness Month and now is the time to show your support and understanding. To learn more about Autism visit www.autismspeaks.org or www.autism-society.org.



Julian was the brainchild behind this necklace. Lizzie took his drawing and made the piece from his idea. His words read."Abilities,,not Disabilities" So true.. As Lizzie says "His idea , my inspiration." All proceeds from the sale of the this necklace will go to Autism research. Each piece is solid silver and made by hand. I purchased one for my sister, she teaches high school students with Autism and she flipped out!

Julian "The Designer"



Check out the HBO documentary, Autism The Musical.
It airs all month long in April.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.