Sunday, March 7, 2010

Katie Price is back in the I'm A Celebrity jungle

Liz Thomas and Chris Johnson

Five years on, and Katie Price has made her highly anticipated return to I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!.

The glamour model entered the Australian jungle in an animal print swimsuit and wasted no time putting her surgically enhanced assets on show in a water-based challenge.

But the 31-year-old faces some stiff competition in the form of busty Kim Woodburn, 67, who has already drawn attention to her naturally large chest on several occasions.



Katie Price cleans up in the pool after entering the I'm A Celebrity jungle last night and taking part in a challenge to gain entry to camp


The How Clean Is Your House? star proved she was no shrinking violet as she stripped naked and scrubbed down in the river following her bushtucker trial.

She also berated host Dec following the challenge, which saw her win all 11 stars after being submerged underwater in a tank full of bugs, telling him to stop ogling her bosoms.

Mother-of-three Katie made a Lara Croft-style return to the camp, which saw her overcome her fear of water to earn treats for her new camp mates.


Katie insists she is not looking for love this time around or for eye candy


She had to complete a one-off challenge, called Swamped, to earn her place in the camp, in which she was made to swim in a swamp under two logs filled with fish guts and cockroaches.

She then attempted to grab 12 yellow balls from under the water and throw them into a basket.

Winning seven gifts for camp, she said: 'I knew when I was walking through the jungle. I knew there was no way they was going to let me just walk into camp. I just knew there was going to be some kind of challenge.





 
Katie made a Lara Croft-style entry into the jungle in an animal print swimsuit


'I’m just pleased I got some [balls into the basket] to be honest. I didn’t think I’d even get one at the start because I didn’t want to get in the water.

'I saw a sign, looked to my right, saw water, balls in it and thought I’ve got to get in there. I’m not really any good with water and I can’t tell you how much it stinks.'

Miss Price is getting paid five times more than the other contestants, commanding a £350,000 fee to become the first ever celebrity to go into the jungle twice.



 
She then had to take part in the Swamped challenge to gain entry to camp




the challenge and earned treats for her fellow campers


Determined not to be outdone by fellow glamour model Samantha Fox, and dancer Camilla Dallerup, she arrived in a leopard print swimsuit that left little to the imagination.

But it was How Clean is Your House? star Kim who proved the most competition in the bikini stakes.

The celebrity cleaner stripped down to her bra and knickers before making a trip down to the bathing pool and seemed happy to show off her considerable curves in front of the cameras.


Finally she makes it to base camp and waves to the other contestants


Katie gets a kiss on the cheek from former
EastEnders star Lucy Benjamin as she greets the rest of the clan


She attracted the attention of fellow jungle mate, gay interior designer Justin Ryan, who joked that the sight might make him consider taking 'a different journey' and she told him: 'I'm nude, I'm totally b*****k naked.'

Miss Price said of her return to the jungle: ‘A lot of people say I am mad coming back and I’m walking through here and it is bringing back memories but it’s where my fairytale started and it’s where it ends, right here.

‘I haven’t got to prove anything to anyone. I hope I meet some nice friends in there to be honest. I don’t want any dramas. I’m not looking for love. I’m not looking for eye candy.

'A lot of my friends have texted me saying that Stuart's [Manning] a right sort isn’t he but I’m staying away. I’ve got someone.'

The star brought the camp gifts from winning her challenge including tea, coffee, biscuits, and chocolate but it would mean everyone would have to sacrifice their luxury items.

On meeting the group she offered to give up her dinner so they could have more to eat.

She said: ‘It is so weird to be back here. I thought if there were no beds I’d sleep on the floor. I don’t care.’

‘I thought I'd actually be really upset because I'm quite a strong person but coming in here it’s quite different, a unique experience, but I'm actually all right.

‘I said I hope to find some friends in here and just genuinely have a laugh and we've just got to stick together in here.’

Katie went down to the final two with Justin Ryan as she was selected to take part in the next bushtucker trial

She was down to the last two with Justin Ryan, but he escaped as Katie was announced as the person viewers wanted to see perform the task.

Miss Price’s last appearance on the show in 2004 proved compelling viewing as the nation watched her and Andre's growing relationship.

After the show finished, they embarked on a real-life romance and married in 2005.

Their first child, Junior, was born the same year. Their second child, Princess, was born in 2007.


Katie back in the jungle with Peter Andre in 2004
who she later went on to marry before divorcing this year


The couple had much of their marriage covered by a fly-on-the-wall series, which followed their lives both in the UK and the U.S.

This year, the couple announced they were splitting, leading to a bitter public break-up.

I’m A Celebrity pulled in an audience of 9.8million for the opening episode on Sunday night, buoyed by the success of The X Factor, which averaged 14.3million viewers.
The mother-of-three retrieved seven of 12 balls in
It saw her swim under logs in a swamp filled with fish guts to collect yellow balls

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.