Friday, March 5, 2010

Lily Allen snubs the Caribbean as she soaks up the sun in New Zealand

Liz Thomas

For years she has favoured the Cote d’Azur and Caribbean but Lily Allen appears to be staying true to her plans for a quieter life.

The singer has already shunned Twitter, Facebook and emails and has told of her wish to take a rest from music and move to the country to start a family.

The 24 year-old was photographed enjoying a relaxing day out in New Zealand with friends.


Lily Allen shows off her curves in a skimpy grey and black bikini
as she cools down off the coast of Auckland, New Zealand

After starting off in a stripy vest and skinny jeans, Miss Allen then stripped down to a bikini as the day warmed up and went for a dip in the sea.

Miss Allen is performing in Auckland today as part of the Big Day Out tour before following it for six further dates in Australia next week.

Despite her gigs down under, she has vowed to take a break from music after her world tour.

She recently confessed she wanted to settle down with her builder boyfriend Sam Cooper and start a family.





Lily had a laugh with friends as she arranged her towel on the beach





‘I just want to have babies and live in the countryside, that's my goal really. I'm not a careerist, what I really want is to be a mum. I am driven, but that drive goes as far as keeping a roof over my head and having a routine.

'I have been in a relationship for six or seven months now and its going really well, so why not?,’ the star said.



Last month it was revealed she had bought a five-bedroom house in the Cotswolds.

She is renting out her three-bedroom North London flat for £750 per week and taken a short-term agreement on a townhouse in Marylebone with Cooper until they move to Gloucestershire.




















Lily topped her tan in the 23C sunshine


Miss Allen became an overnight sensation after millions discovered her quirky pop tunes on social networking site MySpace.

But last year she confessed she had become a ‘technology addict’ and ditched modern media in attempt to get her life back.

She said in a recent interview: ‘It’s not about being famous, it’s not about all the parties, it’s not about wanting to be the biggest pop star on the planet. It’s about being happy.

‘For me, that is Sam, spending time at home, sorting out bed linen… being normal.’


Who wants ice cream? Lily treats her friends to 99s

Miss Allen then confessed: ‘I just had this revelation that Facebook, blogging, all those things were becoming a total addiction.

‘I’d be with my boyfriend or my mum and they’d have just got half of me. So I put my BlackBerry, my laptop, my iPod in a box and that’s the end.

‘I won’t use email, I play records on vinyl, I don’t blog. I’ve got more time, more privacy. We’ve ended up in this world of unreal communication and I don’t want that. I want real life back.’

The star’s comments come after Professor Susan Greenfield told the Mail last year how our brains are under threat from modern technology – and sent out a stark warning about the perils of social networking sites.


Lily munches on her ice cream

Professor Greenfield said we must ‘wake up to the damage that the gadget-filled, pharmaceutically-enhanced 21st century is doing to our brains’.

She added: ‘Already, it's pretty clear….Attention spans are shorter, personal communication skills are reduced and there's a marked reduction in the ability to think abstractly.’

Miss Allen has had a turbulent love life in recent years with a string of failed relationships.

Two years ago she suffered a miscarriage with former boyfriend Chemical Brothers musician Ed Simons.



Lilly performs on stage in a short pink dress during the 2010
Big Day Out in Auckland at Mount Smart Stadium yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.