Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Letter: Thrift Shops from Bravos Top Design


I received this letter from a Mona, a Creative Juice fan wanting to know 2 things...

#1 Cathie are you watching this season of Top Design?

#2 Since you live in LA and do lots of T2T, I thought you might know what thrift shops they were shopping at. If you know - please tell!

Hi Mona! #1: Yes - I am watching Top Design. So far I really like it! I am a big fan of Adler and have a few of his pottery pieces. I can't wait to see how this show unfolds and I am enjoying the strength of the contestants as well as the judges and hosts!

#2: Steve and I have shopped at both of the shops for years! I was first introduced to the thrift shop (
St Vincent De Paul's) by my friend Sean. Some of the set pieces/props from Creative Juice were even purchased from them.

The other "thrift shop" (they called it the junkyard) is actually
Freeway Building Materials and they are loaded with so much fun stuff....it is really mind blowing! Check out this Google search for more thrift shops in and around Los Angeles.

Have a super crafty day!
Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by emfaruq. All Rights Reserved.